Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Bellevue Grandma Weighs In

The latest: On 12-27 we received this.

You know, sometimes you receive an e-mail that is so incredible and so unbelievable, that it deserves its own 15 minutes of fame. I've received a series of e-mails from a woman who identified herself as "SendTheLight50," aka Billie, that is unlike anything I've ever read. (I won't publish her last name here in the interest of privacy.) I've been accused by some of suppressing the ideas of those whose ideas aren't in line with those of the "anti-Bellevue" crowd, so in the interest of openness and fairness, I hereby give "SendTheLight50" the stage.

She first wrote me on 11-25-06, apparently in response to the Purpose Driven thread, but didn't sign her name. Here are those exchanges.

I thought that would be the end of it, but on 12-19-06 I received these letters which had also been cc'd to a long list of people along with the request they be forwarded to as many people as possible.

This was Karen's response to "SendTheLight50" the next day. (Reprinted with Karen's permission.)

That same day I (and a lot of other people) received this.

On 12-22 even more people received this.

On 12-23 we all received this.

On Christmas Day, we received this.

On 12-26 we received this.

As I stated last week I have no intention of responding to any more of these letters.

Note: I would like to ask that any comments be directed at this person's comments and not at her personally. Try to keep the discussion focused on ideas, not personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment